Lewis Law P.A. Immigration Attorney
What can be done to stop my removal proceedings?
If you were found to be in the United States illegally, or are facing deportation as a penalty of a criminal conviction, a Tampa deportation defense attorney from our firm may be able to fight to have the proceedings dropped.
There are a number of strategies we employ to protect our clients from removal, which include:
- Waivers – A waiver may be granted if you are able to prove that your removal would cause extreme hardship to you or your close relatives.
- Adjustment of Status – If you are the spouse, widow, parent, or child of a U.S. citizen, you may be able to apply to the Immigration Judge to have your status adjusted to lawful permanent residency.
- Asylum – If you left your home country because of persecution or fear of persecution, you may be able to apply for asylum.
- Cancellation of Removal for Permanent Residents – If you have been a lawful permanent resident for at least five years, you may be able to apply if you meet the necessary requirements.
- Cancellation of Removal for Non-Permanent Residents – You may be able to request this type of Cancellation if you have lived in the United States for the last ten years and fulfill the qualifying criteria.
Protect Yourself from Deportation
At Lewis Law, P.A., our attorneys are seasoned and dedicated to immigration law, with a wealth experience. We will aggressively defend your right to stay in the United States by formulating a deportation defense strategy that is specifically catered to your situation. We will explore what options are applicable to your case, provide you with sound legal counsel you can trust. Our strong and comprehensive approach may help you avoid deportation or removal from the United States. Do not wait another moment if you are in the midst of removal proceedings; get the support of fierce advocate from our firm.