What Is Personal Injury Law?
Personal injury law refers to the legal remedies and defenses involved in civil lawsuits brought as a result of wrongful conduct. In fact, the word “tort” comes from a Latin term meaning twist, wrong, or harm.
Our personal injury lawyers understand the emotional and financial hardship that stems from an unexpected car accident or an untimely death. In most cases, the injuries sustained can change a victim’s life or a surviving family member’s life forever. These catastrophic injuries include brain injury, loss of eyesight, disfigurement, partial or total paralysis, loss of a limb and loss ability to enjoy activities that victims enjoyed before the accident. Whether the accident was work related, the fault of a drunk driver, or due to the reckless behavior of another person, these cases should be discussed with a personal injury lawyer as soon after the accident as possible. Remember the timely documentation of the evidence can be crucial for obtaining maximum compensation. Call the experience Attorneys at Lewis Law, PA.
Our Attorneys understands the emotional turmoil families go through after these accidents. If you sustained serious or life threatening injuries call the compassionate team at Lewis Law, only experience personal injury Attorneys can review your case to determine whether you should seek reimbursement of medical expenses, loss of income, physical pain, mental anguish, disfigurement or long-term disability.
Types of Personal Injuries
There are several common types of personal injuries:
- Auto accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Trucking accidents
- Railroad accidents
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Medical and dental accidents
- Sexual abuse
- Dog bites
- Injuries that occur because products malfunction or fail
- Work-related accidents
- Wrongful death
Tips to remember if you are in an accident:
- Immediately call for medical assistance.
- Call the police.
- Exchange information with the other parties in the accident.
- Report the accident to your insurance carrier as soon as possible.
- Get the names, addresses, and phone numbers of any witness to the accident.
- Take clear pictures of the crash that shows the damages of your vehicle.
At Lewis Law we urge drivers to be careful on the road ways and if you are injured by the negligence of another driver call the experience team at Lewis Law our compassionate Attorneys will fight aggressively to get you the compensation you deserve.
Why Choose Us?
- Tailored solutions for your unique family needs
- We aggressively pursue every single option available to you
- We treat client with Dignity and Respect
- We have a high success rate in approvals