U.S. Citizenship/Naturalization

Our firm successfully represents applicants for citizenship/naturalization, acquired and derivative citizenship. If you have made mistakes in your pass with the criminal system, complications with income taxes, not spending enough time in the U.S. and allegations of fraud, our experience attorneys will advise you if citizenship is right for you. Obtaining U.S. citizenship is a significant moment for many immigrants and their families. The process can be long and arduous, requiring countless forms and applications, and demanding money and time spent working toward an approval that is often years in the making.

How to become a U.S. citizen?

If you are not born a United States Citizen, you may still be eligible for citizenship through the normal naturalization process. Naturalization is an administrative process that requires a non-citizen to comply with a whole host of immigration laws. In order to obtain citizenship through Naturalization, the following requirements must generally be met:

  1. Have been a lawful permanent resident with a green card for at least 5 years.
  2. Are 18 years or older.
  3. Have been physically present in this country for at least 30 months out of the past 5 years.
  4. Have been a permanent resident for at least 3 years and are married to a U.S. citizen.
  5. Are able to speak, read and write in English.
  6. Have an understanding of U.S. government and the history of our country.
  7. Are a person of good moral character and are attached to the principles of the U.S. Constitution.

The application and interview process for U.S. citizenship can be complicated and time consuming. Our immigration law firm can help you navigate the very complex requirements and procedural rules of the application process.

Call us today at (954) 530-1717 for all your immigration needs.

Helping You Overcome Obstacles that prevent you from becoming a U.S Citizen

At Lewis Law, we know first hand the obstacles facing individuals and families as they engage with U.S. immigration law. That is why our practice is committed to helping people in our local communities and around the world move through the immigration and naturalization process as quickly, efficiently and painlessly as possible.

Citizenship/Naturalization Forms

  • N-400
    What is Form N-400?
    Form N-400 (officially called the “Application for Naturalization”) is a government form used by green card holders who are ready to apply for U.S. citizenship after meeting certain eligibility requirements.
  • N-600
    What is Form N-600?
    Form N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship, is filed to obtain a Certificate of Citizenship which serves as evidence of your or your child’s U.S. citizenship. You may file Form N-600 if you were born abroad and are claiming U.S. citizenship at birth through your parents. You may also file Form N-600 to obtain evidence of citizenship if you automatically became a U.S. citizen by operation of law after your birth but before you turned 18 years of age. A parent or guardian may also file Form N-600 on behalf of a minor child.
  • N-648
    What is Form N-648?
    Use this form if you are applying for U.S. citizenship and need to request an exception to the English and civics testing requirements for naturalization because of physical or developmental disability or mental impairment.
  • N-336
    What is Form N-336?
    Form N-336, Request for a Hearing on a Naturalization Decision, is issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). It allows applicants to appeal a negative decision on an application for U.S. citizenship.

Contact Us Today

Contact Us Today

Getting Help

If you have been denied naturalization and are thinking of filing an appeal, you need the assistance of an experienced immigration attorney who can help you figure out the reason for the denial and develop a strategy for going forward.